Extras That Help Us Thrive
At Crossroads, we wanted to grow some projects that fuel our work serving families.
The combination of all of these extras help us offset our costs, and enhance getting the word out about our outreach!
Fun, well-utilized ways of ongoing fundraising!
Jumpy Monkey Coffee
We teamed up with the terrific folks at Jumpy Monkey Roasting in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa to provide WHOLE BEAN & GROUND PREMIUM COFFEE!
Chemical free, 100% Arabica beans, imported from consistent and trusted coffee farmers in Columbia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Sumatra, Kenya, Central & South America, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
Enjoy a great coffee AND make a positive difference — both locally for the families we serve AND for the disabled adults JM employs to help pack and ship!
Sparrow's Nest and our Baby Zone
This is an area inside of our office designated for
retail of home décor and baby items.
Come check out the variety of items for gifts or fun!
• Coffee themed cups & plaques - Custom orders are welcome!
• T-shirts, sweatshirts, and bags
• Wooden blocks with quotes, hanging signs, and beautiful handcrafted wooden trays
• ONESIES! Fun, unique baby gift in variety of sizes and colors
We carry a terrific stock of new baby items (many are handsewn!) that serves two purposes:
• Retail - reasonably priced, proceeds help toward the Pregnancy & Parenting Resource Center
• Baby Bucks Redemption! These items can be purchased with points called 'Baby Bucks' that would be earned by the parents enrolled in our learning & healthy parenting program.
The Family Den
Enjoy our multi-use area!
• Family Meetings
• Parent-Child Visits
• SW-Supervised Visits
• Individualized Coaching
• DVD Player & Screen
Call us to arrange a time if this area can serve your needs! Available by appointment. Fee applies in some situations.
We are grateful for these Partners in Community for this area:
• Iowa Foundations (Crawford County Community Foundation)
• Kessel Construction Inc. - Brian & Barb Kessel
• Feller Furniture
• Walmart Foundation
• Kiron Lumber Store
• Thrivent Financial
• Denison Rotary Club
Together, we CAN!
Can Redemption Program
Thank you all those who have brought donated cans and bottles to the Schleswig collection bin for redemption!
The nickel return counts! Proceeds go to our outreach at Crossroads.
2018 Total = $3,430 2019 Total = $3,751 2020 Total = $4,033